February 1, 2012

Let's get messy in February!

The True Xoxo challenge is up for February. I will walk you through my messy layout. I tried to do just about every messy thing I could think of.

As always I started off with a clean, pre-shrunk 12-inch square of canvas purchased from Jo-anns.  I prepped the fabric with gesso and then a coat of pale pink acrylic paint. Out came the punchinella and gray paint mixed with modeling paste. The left over mixture was scraped around the edges of the canvas. I pulled any frayed pieces to give an even more frayed look. Next I added Pan Pastels  and randomly. I used embossing ink and powder to give even more of a gritty texture. What is more messy than embossing powder? Glitter! Yes there is some of that too. I keep a bottle of Perfect Pearls mixed with water handy so I spritzed the entire surface.

Now Riley did the ultimate messy fling of paint on me. So I went in and tried to cover up turquoise paint. I started back at the beginning to clean up the spots. The final messy product was Color Bazaar powder.
 


0 comments: