January 2, 2012

Challenge 25 at True XOXO Girls

January's design challenge at True XOXO Girls went live yesterday afternoon. The challenge this month was for the design team to create a layout containing "ONE," which would be anything from the word down to one of a variety of items on your layout such as my fun take. Now I did use the same photo in my New Year's card so forgive me if you see it two days in a row.

Now one (haha! keeping with the "One" theme!) would think that it would be quick and easy to stick with just one of something. I spent quite a bit of time on this layout. I had already taken the photo in between holiday shows for the musical theater company. But as always I tend to scrap without thinking of a photo because I am too lazy to print an image up to start with. I used to always start with a photo but that led to too many printed images and I always felt like I was behind. So anyhow...back to the process. I decided that I needed to stash bust. Christmas was going to be the theme. I must have had this paper since I started scrapbooking five years ago.

I ruffled the red grossgrain ribbon myself using the ruffler foot on the sewing machine. That is probably the one item that took the most work to be done but was the quickest thing for me to do. It was all about placement of items and lonely stash that needed to go. I really did have a lot of fun with this. I suggest you give the "ONE" concept a try. I know it may be difficult with other themes but I know you have to have Christmas paper and lots of photos.

Here is a run-down of everything I used:


One of EACH: sheet Bazzill Dotted Swiss, CI paper, strip of other side of paper, sticker border, scalloped snowflake border rubon, ruffled grosgrain ribbon, red/green string of sequins, bottle cap, Bath and Body Works reindeer gift card, Build-a-Bear heart, holiday newspaper archive film strip, red/green photo turn, green brad, pink velvet brad, silver sequin rickrack trim, felt flower, beaded snowflake, fabric/bling candy cane brad, snowflake brad, brown bling, red arrow, blue arrow, Santa sticker, tiny red button, silver stud, Santa's helper tag, gold bow, epoxy sticker, green gem, blue velvet brad, pink bling, snowflake blink, sting of pearls, green glittered strip of double sided tape, red wire, gold bow, Good/Bad list button, printed decorative tape, and one photo of one silly elf.

 

0 comments: