November 2, 2011

Back in black

The True XOXO challenge is back for the month of November and the theme is BLACK. I initially was going to go with a monochromatic black look but felt something needed color. I toyed around with an idea of a title with every letter a different color...but I was too lazy to diecut letters and have a ton of colored cardstock scrap.

I started off with a piece of Making Memories flocked cardstock. I don't know how long ago this line was created but I'd say at least 2 years old. I picked it up when we went to the MM warehouse sale two April's ago. You can see the original paper as the photo mat. Riley's guitar is really a bunch of blue, pink and purple but with the editing....looks a lot more grey. I brushed the entire sheet of cardstock with black PanPastels. I selected Prima black flowers from the 1 pound pillar containers and some black bling. Oh and I see I added some Making Memories stickers to it as well.

For my pop of color, I decided to use a rectangle of the original paper. I roughed up the edges of the paper (as well as the base sheet). I placed the rectangle in the spot where it matched the pattern in the background. Next I diecut glitter  DCWV cardstock and wrote in the rest of my title in silver ink. Pretty simple but sure was a lot of time pondering what to do with the challenge. I think I will try more monochromatic layouts. I'm thinking BRIGHT this time around.

1 comments:

Christa said...

I love love love this! It is so inspiring! Wonderful quote!