September 7, 2011

Halloween will be here soon!

I started this album last year before Halloween. This album has been shuffled beneath things on my work surface and can you tell I lost some chipboard?

The reason I am posting this album is to show you how I made the cover. This was a 4x6 premade photo album. Actually it's a 2008 graduation album. I covered the embroidered year under the green BoBunny paper. I ripped out all of the pages inside.
Here you can see I sprayed the inside cover with Black Gold Glimmer Mist and used a paper towel to soak up a bit of the spray to give a grungy look. My base pages are made of chipboard and they are painted black with acrylic paint. They actually  look like wood because I used the paint sparingly. The Bind-it-All got dusted off (oh I am sure it's got a good coat of dust on it again!) to bind all the pages together. I used a ribbon scrap to adhere the book to the cover. It's just strung through the rings and tied into a knot on the outside spine.


To ensure there was no shifting of the book, I used brads. I used the Crop-o-dile to punch through the cover and ribbon. Now i don't have to worry about having a stray book without a cover and I used up random bits of stash to get the job done.

Here are the other pages of the book, which is far less exciting than to use/re-use something that you thought was garbage to a scrapbooker. I mean seriously....haven't you gotten on of those photo albums and wondered what you were going to do with it? A  scrapbooker wouldn't dare  fill the thing in with just photos!!!



1 comments:

Jainnie Jenkins said...

Ohh, that is super cute, Alaina!! I love it!