May 5, 2010

Scrapbooking Supplies R Us

Hi everyone! I survived the long drive across Nevada to Utah and made it through two days of the Making Memories warehouse sale.  I came back to a great honor. Holly, the Design Team leader with Scrapbooking Supplies R Us, had chosen me to be the guest designer for the month of May. I picked up The Sampler May kit yesterday afternoon and am excited to share with you the first project I made with the kit.


When I saw the gorgeous TPC Studio Boho Blooms Floral Border paper and sticker sheet, I knew it screamed canvas shadow box. I thought about it as I feel asleep last night. The paper paired with the wonderful Orchestra paper from 7gypies was screaming to be used. The inside of the box is where I used the Coredinations cardstock. I sanded it to bring down the yellow tone a bit and then spritzed it with Pineapple Glimmer Mist.  Oh and I adored the trim included in the kit where I used a bit on the outside scalloped frame.
I added the Prima flowers (which were spritzed with Pearl Glimmer Mist) and placed the vintage buttons from the kit as the center. I almost wanted to hoard versus use the buttons!

It really is difficult to do a shadow box justice in a photograph. So if you have some time next week, (assuming you live in the area), please do stop by the Memories Live On store in Cupertino to have a peek at my work in person and shop all the wonderful goodies that are constantly coming into the store.

7 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

WOW!! Alaina! This is stunning! Beautiful work. Congratulations on the GDT spot! Can't wait to see what else you put together for the store!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the goodies around the picture!
xoxo

xoxOGirls said...

This is SO beautiful Alaina. I love me some circles!!! :-)

Debs said...

Beautiful layout Alaina and what a gorgeous girly xoxo

Divine Design said...

I love what you did with all the goodies you picked up. Congrats on being a GD! and being a lipstick girl!

Anonymous said...

I love love love this!! Really enjoyed reading your blog, it's so nice to ''meet'' another lipstick chick!

Louise xx

Unknown said...

wowsers!!
That is one stunning layout!!
Absolutely love your work!!