May 10, 2010

More Sampler goodies

What did I do for Mother's Day? I stayed in and scrapped of course. Here's a layout I did with the 7gypsies fleur de lys paper that is in the May Sampler kit. Then with the remaining TPC Studios stickers I created the background mat for the photo. There are three border stickers which I cut apart. One contained flowers which I cut down and placed one in the middle of each Prima flower set. Then I cut out some butterflies and gave that a bit of a 3D effect by sticking down the middle and using a bit of powder to take the tackiness of the adhesive off the sides of the wings so they would not stick. I also popped the flower and butterfly on the "carefree" sticker as well. I left the Cosmo Cricket letters alone to go with the black Making Memories frame.

She sure doesn't look too happy in this shot. Once I got the settings correct she wasn't cooperating. I told Riley to sit by the window and she sat right up against it. Anyways, I took the American Crafts fabric paper again and tore them into 1-1/2" strips (x12"). Then I sprayed each with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I put one aside. Then I sprayed the other two with Seafoam and placed one aside. And finally sprayed the last one with Patina. I dried them with the heat gun and could see it gave it a bit more curl. Next I did the twist and spiral. I first created a bit of a perfect rose center then did a carefree twist of the fabric and spiraled it around.  A bit of hot glue on the back held the roses together while I figured out what I was going to do with them. Then I just cut a small rectangle of the fabric, grabbed a headband. I glued the roses on then I placed some glue on the rectangle and sandwiched the headband in between. Riley really loves headbands so I just may have to go out and get more of the fabric paper because my fabric straps tend to be too busy for something like this.

I started this mini album for Riley's Musical Theater Summer Camp. I used Summer Song from My Mind's Eye. You'll only get to see the cover because I obviously haven't finished the album. On the cover is a really old My Mind's Eye Bohemia "Summer" rubon. I also used the letters to spell out "camp" from another set of Bohemia rubons. And I got the glittered musical notes and stars on Friday at the MeriMeri sale. I think it was $0.25 a pack. I finished off the cover with Cosmo Cricket tiny type letters in the Sampler kit and added ribbon and trim.

3 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Your layout is so pretty! Your daughter looks so free! Her hair looks cute with the leftovers...
xoxo

Bonnie said...

Can we make hair clips with flowers again? Riley has that innocent look in this photo.

Unknown said...

Sweet page! Love how you've offset the paper on the background (so to speak).