Last week prior to leaving for my trip to Utah, I found out I had been selected as one of the new designers @ XOXO. I came home to find out I was soon approaching the layout deadline. So here's the layout I produced. Plus before I forget, try lifting one of the pages from the design team to win a prize from this month's sponsor, Color Me Miki.
I used every item on the challenge list. Here is my supply rundown for "You Make My Heart Soar" layout:
12" square cut from my husband's old jeans
Making Memories Varnish Floral Findings CS (it's like an oil cloth finish)
My Mind's Eye Signature Life - Golden Locks CS
Pink Paislee Black letter rubons
Jenni Bowlin floral rubons
Stazon Jet Black
Glimmer Mist: Red Velvet, Peach Delight, Patina, Seafoam, Cosmos
Prima felt (bird/branch)
Oriental Trading copper brads
Making Memories Birds and Bees charms (used the bird w/ heart and two butterflies)
Glitz Girls Distress script stamp
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die
Book pages from left over altered book project
Making Memories velvet die cut ribbon
Lace applique scrap
Creative Imaginations heart bling
House of 3 negative frame
Font: Dafont Vintage
I like to use my husband's jeans for layouts and have a stack of 12" squares ready to use. I keep the pockets as well. I starch the squares then iron them. I then sprayed a coat of Glimmer Mist Patina on the denim so that it would match the paper. Stamped the script with Stazon and placed on the bottom. I contemplated doing the entire thing but it would have really gotten lost in the design (although already light). The background brackets were cut with the Pazzles. I used a wet adhesive to put the paper on the denim.
The flowers were sprayed with the five colors of Glimmer Mist, dried with a heat gun then crumpled. Sprayed the applique scrap with Peach Delight. Layered the ribbons then placed the felt and cut the pieces so I wouldn't waste any under the photo. As for the picture, I used House of 3 Negative frame and added my title to the photo prior to printing; matching the font colors with the colors in the floral paper. Then I finished off the title with rubons.