March 12, 2010

Fabric scraps on layout

Now that I can sew a straight line (or a line at all), I decided to use the left over fabric for a layout from Riley's skirt that my mom made for her. Remember the one she said I could pass off as my own work? Yeah we don't need to mention how it got me in trouble when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. She had written my essay on world peace for school. It was so damn good that I had to read it in two school assemblies. Guess that's why I can write a paper now and get an A even though I have no real clue on the subject. But I won't be doing that again any time soon.



I used Prism cardstock (left over from Memory Works retreat), May Arts twill, Oriental Trading brads, My Mind's Eye "today" cardstock saying, American Crafts acrylic letters, Zip Dry, and Maya Road rubons. Oh and the fabric was from JoAnn's. I wanted to originally make Riley's American Doll Riley (I can't believe she named her doll after herself but it is what it is) a matching skirt but there wasn't enough length.

3 comments:

Mamie Girl said...

cute page love the fabric !!

Sarah G. said...

This page is great!! Love your use of fabric.

humel said...

Hi there, just popped over from Shimelle's forum - I saw this layout over there and just loved it! Gorgeous photo, and that frill of fabric is fab :-)