February 2, 2010

Valentine's Day teacher gifts

I can't seem to find photos on the mailboxes I had done last year. I've gone back and forth on what to do for this year. I had seven of the metallic pink boxes left from Target last year but how could I even think of using up my stash? So I went out and bought about 45 of the new pink, red and white boxes. Went to quite a few Targets in the area and no one had them until I hit the one in Colma which was like. . . mailbox heaven. So reason I purchased so many is I'm doing a make and take session and needed them. So no, I'm not that insane. Well yeah I probably am but wasn't yesterday when I bought them.

Since Riley only has two of the same teachers this year, I decided to do the same project with different paper of course. I think K&Company(which I'm not a huge fan of but it was cute and it was on sale at Michael's)  is much better than that DCWV paper I used anyhow. Guess my thinking was that I was giving it away so how cared. Well that paper has hit Riley's scrap box. I even think this was way faster making than last year. I need to make at least seven more. Plus next week probably Tuesday or Wednesday we will make candy, cookies and/or cupcakes to go inside. It'd be much easier if she had classes all on one day (I've got this thing for freshly baked items. . . first day or it's just not good anymore. . .told you I was insane).

I also used Oriental Trading brads and some elastic ribbon I bought at the sewing show last year. Good thing I'm so compulsive and bought a huge roll. Close to My Heart flowers too with extra ribbon scraps. Oh by the way, I finally bought a laptop to tether my camera to. Thanks mom. . . she paid for part of it for my birthday! One shot and I was happy and no going back and forth to keep taking pictures.

0 comments: