October 21, 2011

True XOXO blog hop winner plus Halloween glue gun trick!

The winner of my trim grab bag from the True XOXO blog hop is Karen in Houston! Please email me Karen!

 As you may know, I split my time doing crafts I said I would die before I even did. Haha sorry I think it's funny. I never thought I would like sewing. It consumes me because I don't stop until I am finished with a project. I've found myself doing quite a bit of costume designing for my daughter's musical theater group. I thought the Little Mermaid musical was going to kill me. Now, I've found myself with sewing work for her new ballet school for The Nutcracker production. Plus...I just started with designing the costumes for musical theater's holiday production (it actually is the dance school's production but MT hosts the three shows) AND started picking out costumes and thinking about how to make what is necessary for The Lion King production. I think a bell is needed for the hat. I am picturing the red fleece as red sequined fabric. Plus I will add a green sequined belt.

So with all this sewing, I haven't done too much scrapbooking. I did a last minute registration to Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party which started on Monday. I needed a boost to stash bust and she always provides so much inspiration to get me out of my scrapper's block.  I don't use tend to look at templates which is probably why I've felt that my layouts have been looking too similar. What is fun is that I get four templates and some direction on what type of paper to play with every day. So this leads me to today's layout.

The papers and the photo are a year old. I think the Prima paper may even be two or three years old. I added eyes to all the characters. But what I love most is the smaller details you probably can't see in this image. 


Check it out here....
I used a glue gun to create a spider web look on my layout and across the photo. Is that fun or what? I would squeeze a small bead of glue and drag the gun across the page and touch down on another item. I kept going. BTW, I use a glue gun that has a FINE detail nozzle. That is key here. I hope I've given you inspiration for your Halloween layouts and albums.




1 comments:

Jasmine said...

That is a fantastic idea! Thanks for posting this, I just may have to use it on a halloween project!
Jasmine