May 3, 2011

Ready Made Photo Album ALTERED Part 2

I decided to take real photo of the cover of the altered album. Now let's pick up where I left off.

1. After I ironed on the canvas, I used a mustard colored, thin body acrylic paint. The color was a little too strong to match my paper so I used a spray bottle and misted the canvas to dilute the paint a bit. I didn't worry too much about the paint spilling off the edges because I colored the threads in the stitching as well (below).


2. I used Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed Distress Inks around the edges.

3. I laid down some Super tape around the window and placed a decorative ribbon. I don't like to use wet glue because you never know how the fabric/ribbon will react to the glue. Some glues leave nasty stains on the ribbon.

4. I also grabbed a paper doily and used Twinkling H20s which is a sparkly watercolor paint. Glued the Prima flowers down and slipped a piece of patterned cardstock into the window. I removed the prongs from We R Memory Keepers glitter brads and glued them on.

5.  Above you see three 3D glue dots from Thermoweb stacked together to give my chipboard leaf dimension and shape. I mist the chipboard and bend the edge to give a real life shape to the leaf. Place the glue dots underneath and mold the leaf some more.




6. Next I used some fabulous lace tape I got from Daiso. If you have a store near you, most items are $1.50 and you get 19" on the roll. Not necessarily the cheapest but if you compare it to what you buy at your LSS. . . you get variety and almost no one else will be using it on their layouts!

7. Finally I cut a square of book board thickness chipboard and used Melody Ross' Chipart Tools to place my Soul Restoration cover text. I painted it first with black acrylic paint. Then I added a cream color on top and wiped away before fully dried.


Hope I provided you with tips on handling readily available items you already may have at home. It's a nice sunny day outside. . . so I'm going to craft in the sun.

0 comments: