March 7, 2011

Got Paint? Got a technique for you!

I am taking Got Paint @ Big Picture. This is week 2. Nothing really so far (and it is a 4 week workshop) has been any different than what I have done before. I did however want to show you a simple technique in the layout above. If you will notice, I stamped the rose using two colors of paint. Then I applied the paint with my fingers to the acrylic stamp. And you already know I am impatient and used a heat gun. But I stopped myself before the paint was fully dry and applied embossing powder to the wet spots. This actually makes the paint still look wet. As long as the paint is wet, the powder adheres.
I painted paint around the edges of the overlay and paint stamped the butterflies.

This layout somehow took me hours because I created two layers of paint resist on the white bird sheet. I first applied a layer of Mod Podge. Then spread Vaseline randomly around the sheet. I applied the iridescent pearl paint all over then let dry for a minute and took a paper towel and wiped everything off. The sheet of paper is toned down in color and sparkly. . . (which you can't see). Then I applied the Vaseline again and a layer of turquoise paint. I applied paint pretty much everywhere on this layout. I used my ruffler foot on my sewing machine to create the crate paper ruffle.

And this layout, well it has no paint at all. I just wanted to include it. I used SEI's Bridgeport and Donna Downey's dress form to complete the layout. Back tomorrow because I have a lot more that I did yesterday!




0 comments: