March 28, 2011

Chipboard floral wreath

We finally got a little peek of sun around here. Actually they say that there is going to be sun for the entire week. So to celebrate, today I have a floral wreath I made with scraps of chipboard. I used Sizzix's tattered flowers die along with their butterfly die. To give the chipboard texture, I used Melody Ross's Chip Art tools. After I created the impressions, I painted the pieces with acrylic paint, Brilliance ink, paint pens and "watercolored" them with shimmer chalks.

I picked up the wreath at Dollar Tree. The pieces were created using flowers I had also purchased at Dollar Tree (the red and purple ones). So I disassembled the fabric flowers and placed one layer on the bottom, then I placed a tattered flower on top and a 3-D flower in the center. To create fullness, I added extra Prima flowers.

3 comments:

Khristen said...

That. Is. Awesome. Oh I so need one, thanks for the inspiration! I love all of the dimension and the colors. It screams **SPRING**!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to put a facebook icon to your site. Just bookmarked this url, although I had to make it manually. Just my $.02 :)

Jainnie Jenkins said...

This wreath is so pretty! And I agree it really says, "Spring!" Love it!!