January 6, 2011

Brrrrrr it is cold outside!

It's been so cold outside that I have buried myself in my scrap cave with a heater. It's kind of funny how time flies as I scrap and watch Days of Our Lives and reruns of Grey's Anatomy and Law and Order all afternoon. Here are the results of my seclusion.

His layout used the present fabric which comes in the December The Sampler kit. I didn't have stabilizer on hand so I starched the fabric to death. Then I tucked the edges under and gave it a 1/4" seam allowance (using a 1/4" foot). I am horrible with the straight lines without a guide. My new sewing machine actually sews itself in a straight line thanks to good feed dogs. Anyways, if I would have used stabilizer, I could have just cut the edges on my paper trimmer and they would not have frayed and it would have been a very clean cut without the need to turn the edges down.  Again, spray starch at Dollar Tree is a lot cheaper than stabilizer from the fabric store and goes a lot further.

Next up is another really quick layout from The Sampler kit. I used straps from the November and December kits. Thanks to my mom we get free tickets every year to San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker. As a former professional ballet dancer, it was good and clean but nothing technically difficult. I guess that goes the same for this layout.

And now a layout that is not from The Sampler. I used Bizou Zoo paper. Actually I only used one sheet of cardstock. The paper is so beautiful in itself that I did not want to cover anything up with additional paper. I added Stickles to elements and embellished this like crazy. This truly was a fun stash buster using Prima flowers and Say it with Pearls, Creative Imaginations epoxy stickers SEI brads and buttons (I cut off the shanks).  Since I already had started embellishing, I could not put the sheet through the printer so I used my Brother label maker for part of the title. I just love the Bizou Zoo papers. . . yes I bought more so you'll see additional one sheet layouts soon.

1 comments:

Khristen said...

I lock myself in the craft room when it's cold outside too :) Great layouts, I love that last one. So full of embellies my eye is everywhere! Love them!