November 19, 2010

The Sampler Blog Hop

Welcome to The Sampler's Blog Hop! We have some great surprises in store for you to start the giving season off right. As you know every month, you receive great products that challenge your creativity. The kit this month is no exception and is full of Falalala Yuletidings.

If you haven't participated in The Sampler's sketch challenges, you really should because Holly puts together some fabulous prizes. 
Here is my take on the sketch. My tendency is to turn to flowers, mists and bling. Here I took the bling to another level... GLITTER! I die cut a few of Tim Holtz's ornament dies and well. . . let's just say I may be covered in glitter for a few months. This layout was a stretch from my usual heavily embellished pages but with so much sparkle. . . simple was the way to go.


We at The Crop Spot have prizes we can't wait to give away. Hmmmm this could be a secret but let me tell you there are 16 prizes in total (including 5 November kits). Tell me about your funniest holiday story.  I'm tempted to tell you about one of mine. Should I? Hmmm let's just say my mom parked her car on top of the Christmas tree we had just brought home that was sitting in the garage.  I will be selecting three (3) winners at random from comments made on this post. The winners will be selected on November 30th so please stop by to check out if you are one of the lucky ones.


And now for more fun. . . stop by the other Design Team members' blogs and enter their drawings as well. You never know . . .you really may be lucky enough to win 6 times! And don't forget to stop by the site either and post a comment there.
Sandy
Amber
Holly
Sarah
The Crop Spot


P.S. --There's also a DT call. .  .so please submit your samples because I know they are fabulous!

11 comments:

pdrnc said...

I love those ornament dies!! They look great.

ruth said...

Great layouts!

One of our funniest memories was of my youngest son when he was about 6. He was a truly grateful child and always wanted others to understand his appreciation of them. He was opening a wrapped present and the gift inside was in a box from a ceiling light fixture. Before seeing the real present he replied "Oh it's just what I wanted!" and we all chuckled as we knew it had a toy inside that he didn't yet know about. :)

Patricia said...

Our funniest moments during the holidays are when we open gifts from my husband's uncle. He has this thing for Andes' mints and it's so funny to see where he might have hidden one in your gift. It's become a holiday tradition trying to find the Andes' mints.

holly* said...

great layout Alaina! love the focus of the ornaments!

Amber said...

Love the ornamens Alaina! Adorable.
Hugs
Amber

Bonnie said...

Wow, what an amazing blog you always have!

ScrappnBee said...

Love your LO, even if you think that it is minimalist. I think it rocks! Funniest story- in my 2nd house growing up, my parents bought it because of the 2 story open foyer-so they could put up a ginormous tree (my mom's dream). 2 story tree came home wrapped tight, throught the front door- no prob. Time to take the tree out-too big with branches extended! My dad had to take the chainsaw to it in the house!

Unknown said...

Love the glitter!

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This was a nice article to read, thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Very good post.