September 8, 2010

It's been a while

I know I've really been MIA. I have had moments where I've made a few mini albums but have yet to select photos. Do you ever make minis or layouts and not have the perfect photo? Gees I do that a lot. I think scrapbooking is really about keeping myself busy and my mind off of the rest of the world. A huge reason I love scrapbooking is that it allows me to get creative but not be what people typically think of being creative. . . like drawing or painting.

You probably know that I don't really like to take photos with any type of artificial light or flashes. So that's another reason I've been MIA. Just because I haven't been around during the daylight hours. Well since my mom was complaining that I haven't posted recently and (2) I am around today. . . here's a mini (8x8) that I made while watching Diary of a Whimpy Kid.

I know where I got the album. . . Pink Paislee's warehouse sale box kit. The papers are Pink Paislee but they were packaged differently. Maybe it came from there. . . could have been the sale from the year before too. But had this album that isn't really my style. Well the papers aren't either but they matched because of the orange. The problem was I only had 5 sheets of paper from the line. So I chopped them up to create a cohesive mini. I don't generally make any of the pages alike. In this case I had to. The chipboard as well were Pink Paislee. I was going to leave sort of bare. . .simple. Yeah we know that I couldn't resist. I actually added some Crate Paper ribbon, Jenni Bowlin blinged out butterflies, Prima e-line pearls, and Kaiser Craft rubons and tags, flowers and buttons. Well enjoy! Hopefully tomorrow I can put some photos into a bright Bella Blvd album I made. It's kind of difficult to do because we've had such crappy weather this year. . . even for California. I guess that's why I had no issues with the colors in this album. . .because it already feels like we're deep into Fall and teetering into Winter.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ok, I'm going to take your examples and add finishing touches to my friend's present! Thanks!

Jackie said...

This is fabulous. I got the same box and haven't reallly gotten into it yet. thanks for the inspiration, love your work :)