July 2, 2010

She's gone country!

I bought a Simplicity pattern a few months ago because I thought that Riley would look cute in one of the costumes. Actually I thought she would select the fairy version but she chose to be the cowgirl. I sewed the skirt and had my mom finish the top because I have issues reading the patterns from the company. I have no problem reading boutique or patterns from Amy Butler. My mom has issues reading those because she says they aren't written by pattern makers. Sorry but they are in English and I completely get what they are saying. This on the other hand. . .I have found that any pattern that comes with that brown tissue paper is hard to figure out. So now my mom has inherited the Dorothy costume as well.

Riley had to wear the costume yesterday to Musical Theater class. Here's how she looked.

I used Prima's pearlescent cardstock (base and balck) with Making Memories gingham, Martha Stewart bandana paper. I cut the title and cowgirl with the Pazzles. The pink letters are Colorbok and the epoxy embellishments are Creative Imaginations with Stickles. 

0 comments: