June 14, 2010

Winnie the Pooh flies with a real fairy

Riley found a photo of herself with Pooh and wanted me to scrapbook it. I know that I've done a page with her and Pooh in this costume but I figured I would appease her and do it again. It really was cute, I have a series of shots that the two of them are "flapping their wings." Even Tigger did it. Oh maybe it should have been a Tigger page. Oh well . . . it's done.

I used products from the June The Sampler kit as well as the tag from May's kit. I used the printed side of the transparency and trimmed it out because I am not a fan of the glare it creates. I also debossed the book board which comes with the kit with the Melody Ross chipboard stamps. I haven't yet perfected my leather look but the chipboard matches the background of the photo. I really like the embossed, fabric like paper that comes in the kit. It adds enough blue to tie in the colors but not too much that it takes away from the Pooh colored background.  Riley gave the page two thumbs up so I think I'll be saved from doing another.

I decided to do something different with the scraps of paper I had left from the other pages I had made from The Sampler. Here I utilized the "Journey" title in the upper left corner to read, "Taylor's Journey into Adulthood." Yes, little Taylor just turned 18 and graduated from high school a week ago. I say little but that was when she was 3 years old. She is taller than I am.