March 28, 2010

Feeling scrappy

I've been on a kick lately to use up scraps. I think it's because I have so much more stuff now that fabric has come into play. I actually have two projects I will show you tomorrow which I completed this weekend.  But the layout below was using the pieces I had left over from the last layout I posted.

I used the heart I had cut out as the mask on the previous layout. Then I used the back side as a mask again to spray Glimmer Mist on the background sheet. I blotted with tissue the wet spots. Then I zigzag stitched around the patterned paper and heart. Popped the all of the stickers and placed flowers behind the sticker flowers. There are three layers of foam tape behind each element. Lastly, I added a rubon around the curve of the heart inside of the masked area. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love using up scraps. I forget about them all the time. Then later think why didn't I look thru my scraps.