January 10, 2013

If It's Groovy Calendar Blog Hop

Today the TrueXOXO team has joined forces with If It's Groovy in a calendar blog hop. Each team member has created a layout for a specific month. I chose October since I had many opportunities to shoot photos of Riley.

I went really simple on this layout. I diecut the border from a printed piece of Halloween themed cardstock using the Pazzles.Then I sprayed adhesive on the entire frame and sprinkled Glitter Ritz on the entire piece. Although it has color, it is somewhat transparent. A few distressed rectangles later and some dew drops, I was done. Even though this layout is not in my usual over-embellishing style, it took me about the same amount of time creating this layout because of the glitter. It's a shame that glitter doesn't show well on a computer becasue just about every element sparkles.

By the way, I created the spider dress, headpiece and makeup Riley is wearing. What more could a girl want than a dress that is metallic purple!


Well I hope I captured the essence of October in my layout. Please stop by the other sites of my fellow XOXO girls and If It's Groovy team.

Representing January we have
Representing February we have
Representing March we have
Representing April we have
Representing May we have
Representing June we have
Representing July we have
Representing August we have
Representing September we have
Representing October we have
Representing November we have
Representing December we have





18 comments:

tiffany said...

great layout, and such a fabulous costume! Love the web up in the corner!! Fun to be hopping along with you!! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Amy Martin said...

Wow...This is a sweet layout. I love it. That dress is so darn cute too. awesome job on everything.

Kelly said...

Oh YES you captured the essence of October and MORE! :) LOVE this - so very creative! So fun to be hopping along with you! :)
Creating with Paper & More

Suzi said...

Your wicked little spider girl made me smile! Fun page!

Unknown said...

I just can't get enough of this kid! I've seen this page a zillion times and I never get tired of it. I think it was a great idea to keep the page simple since she had so much goin' on (and she did it so well). You always know!
xoxo
Linds

Khristen said...

Loooove it! In this case, simple = spectacular! The purple and black...the spiders....love it all!

xoxo
Khristen

Grandma Jean said...

You certainly did capture the essence. Great page and I love how the negative space helps us to focus on the subject. (Great Photo!)

Heather said...

Love this page! Super cute!

Mish086 said...

Love the purple and black! Awesome job on the costume and make-up. Purple and Glitter is my daughter's favorite!

Sandy #1781 said...

This layout is wonderful! I love the coloring and glitter and the spiders are a great touch. My favorite (besides the darling picture of you DD in that amazing costume) is the single spider hanging from the web. Love your blog too, so I became a follower.

Christa said...

Whoa! What a great design! She looks like she stopped out of The Vampire Diaries!

JenniferE said...

Love it! Great spider web in the corner! Love the costume and makeup, way to go on the outfit :)

Bonnie said...

This is toooo cute!

Groovy Deborah said...

What a cute model!!! Loving how you chose to celebrate your month!!! Thanks for hopping along with us :) Deb♥

Jean said...

Just amazing! Love the not so traditional colors!

Brenda said...

What a cute page and that photo is to die for! Thank you for joining forces with the Groovy Chicks! Ypu rocked the month of October!

Miae said...

Alaina your DD looks amazing as does our page! Love that spider web corner...so cool!

Miss Jaster said...

incredible costume, photo, & LO!! LOVE!