December 5, 2012

True XOXO Days of Christmas

At the  True XOXO blog this month, we have 24 days full of Christmas inspiration. I created this layout to go with the costume I designed last year. If you have been trying to keep track of me, you know I haven't been creating too many layouts this year. Costumes, YES! Scrapbooking, NO!

For this layout I used a paper pack I got from Michael's. I have been anti-paper pack for some time but this one was so cute, I couldn't resist. I've found that the paper over the past say....four years or so, has pretty much looked the same. I guess that's why I have been getting bored with scrapbooking. The upside to this though is that I can use all the paper I already have without looking out of date.

The one step I wanted to touch on was to create your own spray paint. I have been collecting a lot of pump spray bottles from hair products. I put in a 50/50 fix of water and fluid acrylic paint, Cheap paint works best. I can't say that it would work with the same mixture if I were to use my Golden Brand paints. It's that easy. You just either have to wash out the bottles when done or only make colored spray paints in colors you want to use over and over. In this case, I made very little but I know white will be used again.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Lots of useful

information here. I am sending it to several buddies ans additionally

sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your

sweat!
Here is my website - thespainforum.com