June 27, 2011

Build texture to digital layouts

I love the ability to cut and re-cut digital papers without being stuck with something that just didn't seem to work (and not having the pieces fall all over the place when trying to store them). So here's a layout I did the other night for the Peppermint Creative one word challenge. The theme was "Sparkle". I could have gone with just a digital layout. But as you know I love texture. So after building my layout and printing this baby, I diecut letters on double sided adhesive. First I backed one side of the adhesive with paper. Then I placed the adhesive sheet on my Pazzles mat and cut. Once done, I glued the letters down. Actually I could have done two sheets of adhesive but I initially tried to put the sandwich through the Big Shot with a Quickutz die and it bombed big time. Quickutz dies are not good for cutting anything thicker than one sheet of cardstock.  I guess I never mentioned that I broke my Revolution machine trying to cut one of these adhesive sandwiches months ago. We really had to break open the machine to get the die out to save just the die. So my advice is to stay away from their dies unless you have old ones in your stash like me.

Next came the glitter. I really love the texture of Glitter Ritz. Not only the look (because it's not overly glittery--like cheap chunky stuff) but it feels so soft on paper. It really doesn't feel like any other glitter. . .kind of like fabric that it's so smooth. So I glittered my title and around the frames in the layout. For that I used Sobo glue and just sprinkled away. One hint to use Glitter Ritz is that when died or stuck to adhesive is to burnish it into the surface. This will get all the particles to line up and shine. Unfortunately you can't see it at all in my layout because we have crappy summer weather and it sure doesn't catch light. Well that is because there is no SUN!

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

She's cute with her missing tooth. Oh! I forgot to look at her smile when I saw her on Monday!