April 26, 2011

Mixed Media Canvas in the Making Part 2

Today I have Part 2 of the mixed media canvas I started on Friday. If you missed Part 1, you can see it here.

I used Liquitex gold acrylic paint and used my finger to color the sun. It's difficult to see here but it made the sun appear more yellow.
Below are bead caps with an Antique Silver finish. I took some Ranger alcohol inks and colored them pink with a small piece of scrap felt.

Next I used another Stamping Bella stamps (can you tell I just got them?) and stamped the girl onto the grass where I wanted her to stand.

I stamped the image again onto cardstock a few times to construct her dress to not only add color but also dimension.

I was going to leave her green. . . no not really because she looked like an alien. So I grabbed my favorite peach color from the Neocolor water soluble wax pastel set to give her face a flesh color. To be honest, I laid it on heavier than I normally would because the area is quite textured and I really wanted to make her not look green. Better, right? And I laid the color on so thick, well . . .I had to draw in her eyes with a permanent pen.

Now back to the bead caps. I glued those babies down to the ends of the clothes line. Also added cream colored jute as the actual line with regular Sobo glue. I say cream colored jute because I go to Daiso who offers it in sets with various shades of a color.

I colored the poles with DecoColor Opaque Glitter paint pens.

I colored in the pins and placed seed beads to give dimension. I also colored in the clothes with the same line of pens.

Above I stamped clouds using Hampton Arts stamps. The white cloud was stamped with white Brilliance ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then used Stazon to stamp the outline. Added a bit of Sobo glue with my finger onto the white parts of the clouds and sprinkled a light dusting of the Cool Highlight glitter from Glitter Ritz for extra pizzazz (not shown). Also on the sun, I used my finger to "paint" in between the sun rays (Dew Drops) and onto the sun with gold and yellow Liquitex acrylic ink.

While this was all happening, I made molds of Prima resin flower cabs and made a few flowers. While my flowers were in the oven, I added a Creative Imaginations rubon, a flower to my girl's hair, a Hampton Arts bird and doodled a few music notes.

I actually didn't want to move big items out of the closet to find a matching color of clay so I painted the cooled flowers with acrylic paint and distressed them with Distress Ink using my fingers. I glued those babies on and drew in stems.

A girl needs diamond earrings and some Stickles! And I was done!!!!!