March 13, 2011

She Art Canvas

I made another She Art canvas. This time around I was really hesitant on making a "She" and creating a background. I actually had to tear my first attempt to use patterned paper off the canvas. I didn't feel quite the same creative freedom as I had just using acrylic paint.

My girl really goes more with my fun, (going to label myself now) whimsical tendencies. These canvases are really fun to create and I get to use stash that I wouldn't normally. I grabbed a 6" paper pad I received in a Pink Paislee warehouse sale box, used bead caps that have been around since my polymer clay days, and rubons (BoBunny, Cosmo Cricket, We R Memory Keepers) that were left over from other projects. Even stamps. . . rarely do I ever use stamps but I managed to dig out different stamps.

I really went through  bling withdrawl the last time so I worked it in to create texture.  What appears as white spots in the photo are actually silver foil. These are really fun to create but what am I going to do with them? Next time I think I will need to add Riley's face to the pictures.

0 comments: