March 22, 2011

Mixed Media Altered Book

Today I have an altered book. I saw this door stamp months ago and contemplated buying it. Then when I went back to the store, I decided I had to have it for an altered book. I never imagined my book quite like this but I can say I am more than happy with it. Everything is either acrylic paint or watercolors. I even dug into my stash and brought out the polymer clay!

When you open the door, you find Greeting Farm's Tuesday girl. I don't know if you can tell that I created a :window" behind her with a fabric valance.

 Here is the back side of the book. Now I am not as happy with that but it's all right. What I love about this painting technique inspired by my taking "The She Art Workshop" is that I can use just about anything in my stash that I have collected along the way. . . yes that means all of my past and present hobbies.
I even found a way to use the Melody Ross chipboard tools I have had for over a year.


I need to run but I will be back later to give you a peek into how I created the book.

1 comments:

Khristen said...

What a rockin' book! My little girls would love a notebook like this (and seeing this posts makes me want to take the SheArt workshop more than ever before, I've been toying with the idea.) TFS!