January 18, 2011

Destashing

I am always trying to destash and us as much as possible on layouts. I find that when I start to cut papers and am left with scraps, I create more of a mess because I can't seem to get the small pieces to fit onto my paper racks and they eventually get ruined. So yesterday I hit the scrap room with the intentions of using whole sheets that have been hiding out on the bottom of piles in the racks.

I have been in sort of a transparency overlay state of mind which lead me to this layout.

I used Sandy Lion paper and a Best Creations overlay I have been hoarding for a few years. A couple of flowers, butterflies and Prima e-line pearls. Once I had everything in place I used Crate Paper rubons in the corners of the frame and spritzed the entire sheet with Glimmer Mist. Once the Glimmer Mist dried on the overlay, I took a damp paper towel and wiped away the drops of mist across my face.

Here is a Prima die cut sheet. I love the $1 scrapbooking booth which carries a lot of Creative Imaginations embellishments at the Scrapbook Expo. You probably wonder sometimes how I can stick so much onto one page. Well that is it. I have no love lost when I get a product for $1 vs. $6 in the store. If you ever want me to help you pick up stuff. . . early March and I think August or September are the shows. I can text you photos while at the booth. It's actually kind of crazy where you enter one side of the booth to look but have to stand in line to do so and it's the same line you stay in for check out. Boy do those women get catty if someone doesn't go with the flow. Ok so either I get the products wholesale (like the Prima flowers that are the same ones I always use in different colors) or the $1 booth. So I loaded up on CI's road trip embellishments. Nothing fancy and used a bit of ribbon to soften up a boy's line of paper and colors I don't tend to use very often.

I admit that I recently picked up this Prima sheet. but I used Diamond Glaze (it was so old the bottle cracked and I have it in a Frappuchino bottle) and applied it to all the water spots and puddles. I also hit the Stickles and applied Diamond Glaze over the rainbow once dry. Die cut some Prima pearlescent cardstock and  found some epoxy Mickey heads at the bottom of the closet. Riley is totally into hidden Mickeys plus they went along with the water theme. The orange parasol umbrellas were from Meri Meri (the hand made card company) where I pick up embellishments really cheap. . . think I mentioned that before. If you are local and interested in when they have a sale, hit me up.

I can't really tell you how long I have had this sheet. Maybe two weeks. . . haha who knows. But the Prima felt diecut and red K&Co. glitter letters and flourishes. . . many years. The black, glitter letters are Making Memories and the white flowers are Prima that I inked with distress inks. Queen and Co. music note brads.

Well I think I may have over baked my banana bread muffins in the over. Let me tell you that I tend to underbake by a minute or two. So this should make my mom happy that I have these babies over done. (Wonder if she's reading this.)

1 comments:

Jainnie Jenkins said...

The layouts look fab! I love the look of using lots of stuff on a page!