March 30, 2010

Funny story about buttons. . . .

I posted this story with my layout on Shimelle.com. . . .


Buttons seem to be very different than working with anything else for me. So here's a gross story which is probably why I don't like to handle them (but I have a ton). My mom had this coworker friend that one day got a button stuck up her nose. How it got there I just don't know. It stayed there for like 20 years and she just sneezed it out one day. Guess it stuck with me (no pun intended there) but I think about that every time I dive in to use one of the buttons in my stash.

I used the same ugly gray-ish off-white cardstock I used on my flower layout yesterday and sprayed Glimmer Mist on just about every piece. I put the Pazzles to work by cutting out the cloud mask shape, tree, grass and sun. Used some velvet ribbon and Prima flowers. Buttons. . . they didn't come close to my nose. Hahaha! I wish I would have had happier blue sky Glimmer Mist colors but it is what it is.  And Riley. . . she's bowing for the crowd. That's like her favorite thing to do in ballet (which btw is her costume for her ballet recital in June). I didn't notice until we got home that I was supposed to separate all the petals. Now that I can sew, I can do better. Just watch me go petal crazy now with Dollar Tree petals, Glimmer Mist, and tulle.

0 comments: